Our HIPAA compliant Remote patient monitoring enables the health care facility to monitor patients outside of conventional clinical settings, such as in the home, work place or in any remote area, thereby increase access to care, provide timely care and decrease healthcare delivery costs.
Health care providers can use our RPM module in chronic-disease management and significantly improve patient’s quality of life, by allowing patients to maintain independence, prevent complications, and to minimize personal costs. RPM facilitates these goals by delivering care through telecommunications. Our RPM module allows to record patient parameters like BP, EKG, Blood Sugar, Weight, SpO2 etc. from home or from any remote location and automatically transmit the data into our application using our Patient Portal mobile App. The monitoring of patient physiologic parameters and trend analysis of those parameters, enable early detection of deterioration, assessing and adjusting medications; thereby reducing emergency department visits, hospitalizations, and the duration of hospital stay.
Key Features of our RPM Module:
A mobile Patient Portal app for entering and tracking patient parameters like BP, EKG, Blood Sugar, Weight, SpO2 etc.
The healthcare provider team can access our web-based software that includes the following capabilities:
- Securely viewing patient remote monitoring data in our application.
- The parameters from the patient device is transmitted electronically into our application either by auto transmission of data by the device’s blue tooth or by patient manually entering these parameters using our patient portal mobile app.
- Two-way communication with patients through our patient portal.
- Patient are assigned to the Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Physician assistant or by qualified Clinical staff. Clinical staff may include RNs and medical assistants, depending on state law.
- Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Physician assistant or qualified Clinical Staff can access and track patient parameters.
- The time spent in reviewing the data by the Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Physician assistant or qualified Clinical Staff is automatically recorded each time and cumulative minutes spent on each parameter for each patient is recorded.
- Patient interaction via phone or texting by the physician or approved health care personnel is recorded with date and time. The Patient Interaction report can be accessed and uploaded into patient’s HER for documentation purpose.
- Easy Generation of RPM Billing Report that includes time spent in reviewing the data or talking to the patient for Billing Compliance that can be uploaded into patient EHR in a PDF format or the reports can be printed and uploaded into EHR.
- Direct integration with electronic health record systems via HL7 link where provided.
RPM CPT Codes
Starting January 1, 2020, Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) services reported with CPT codes 99457 and 99458 may be billed ‘incident to’ under general supervision. RPM use under general supervision, doesn’t require both parties to be in the same building and can be accomplished through telemedicine. The physician or other qualified healthcare professional supervising the auxiliary personnel need not be the same individual treating the patient.
CPT code 99454: “Device(s) supply with daily recording(s) or programmed alert(s) transmission, each 30 days.”
What to know: CPT 99454 offers reimbursement for providing the patient with a RPM device for a 30-day period. Note that 99454 can be billed each 30 days. The average national Medicare payment for these services is $64.15.
CPT code 99457: “Remote physiologic monitoring treatment management services, 20 minutes or more of clinical staff/physician/other qualified healthcare professional time in a calendar month requiring interactive communication with the patient/caregiver during the month.”
Under this code, CMS will reimburse for clinical staff time that contributes toward monitoring and interactive communication which includes phone, text and email. The average national Medicare payment for these services is $51.54 (non-facility) and $32.44 (facility).
CPT code 99458: Remote physiologic monitoring treatment management services, clinical staff/physician/other qualified health care professional time in a calendar month requiring interactive communication with the patient/caregiver during the month; additional 20 minutes.
To bill on these codes, you’ll need to check the following boxes:
- The patient must opt-in for the service
- Device must meet the FDA’s definition of medical device
- Device must be supplied for at least 16 days to be applied to a billing period
- The service must be ordered by a physician or other qualified healthcare professional
- Data must be wirelessly synced where it can be evaluated
- The data-monitoring services may be performed by the physician, by a qualified healthcare professional or by clinical staff.
Clinical staff may include RNs and medical assistants, depending on state law
This is mobile app for Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) and for secure communication between Patient and Physician or Physician office personnel.
This portal is designed for physician offices to download data in real time from one or more physician prescribed Bluetooth enabled biometric devices that record patient parameters like BP, EKG, Blood Sugar, Weight, SpO2 etc. at home.
The physician or physician office personnel can review the data and make appropriate recommendation for life style modification and medication changes or titration.
The patient can review the data on the phone via this App in real time. The app also enables patient and physician office personnel to communicate with each other via secure text.
HIPAA Compliant Communication
Improving Workflow for Care Providers
Our easy-to-use, feature-rich application makes it possible for instantaneous
communication between care providers, for better workflow and better care coordination.
Call Now For a Free Demo!